You Can Drastically Lower Your Breast Cancer Risk - Page 3
Optional step : wear a pink ribbon on your lapel to show that you support and encourage women to be more aware of their risk of getting breast cancer.
OK, so the last one was not really a BSE procedure. But it's a good idea anyway. You'll never know whose life you might save by explaining to a curious looker what breast cancer and BSE is all about. Or you can start the people closest dearest to you. Your mom, perhaps, on whose breasts you warmth, security and comfort.Or your spunky and adorable sister.Your ultra cool friend. Or maybe, your self.
The following are steps you need to take to do a BSE:
1. Stand naked in front of a mirror with your hands on your tips and look at the shape and size of your breasts, pay attention to unusual swelling, hardness, redness, wrinkling and dimpling.
2. Hunch your shoulders forward and once again look at your breast.
3. Gently squeeze the nipples and watch for discharge.
4. Lie down with your left hand behind your head and place the pads of the three middle fingers (the parts with the fingerprints) of your right hand on the outer part of the left breast make a circular motion toward the nipples. You can also move your fingers up and down or in a straight line from your nipple outward. But always do the same kind of movement with all your BSE.
5. Do procedure No. 4 with the other breast. Watch for unusual lump, hardness or spots that are painful to touch. When you find any of these, consult a doctor immediately.