Liberty Science Center Event Recap, Giveaway Contest and Special Offer!
Winter in New Jersey can be brutal. Not as brutal as winter in North Dakota or Nebraska, but cold, long and dreary nonetheless. This winter has been particularly bad and last weekend was the worst, as the temperature hit zero on Saturday. But we lucky bloggers from the New Jersey Moms Blog, NYC Moms Blog, and Philly Moms Blog were not even remotely upset, because we had a fantastic indoor destination that was destined to be a hit with parents and kids alike: the Liberty Science Center.
We headed out en masse to the newly renovated Liberty Science Center and gave a brief glance at the Statue of Liberty before getting out of the piercing wind. Once inside the museum, we made our way to the Chalsty Center where we got to take in three different shows great for kids of all ages. My favorite was the Fun with Liquid Nitrogen Show. It sounded ridiculously dangerous but was actually fascinating. Balloons were shrunk and forced into a small bucket, rubber was hardened, and the show culminated with everyone getting to touch a cold cloud. My son really enjoyed the live animal show and has not stopped talking about the toads with poison pouches on their backs. I personally would have been happier to never have learned that toads can kill. The biggest hit of the day by far was the Big Bird and Elmo Planetarium Show. We crawled into this amazing black balloon contraption and enjoyed a three dimensional adventure among the stars with Big Bird and Elmo running around us. In between shows, we got to mingle and meet each other's families. Eventually, we split up and headed out to check out the rest of the museum.
Here is what our influential mom bloggers had to say on their personal sites about spending time at the Liberty Science Center with their families!
- MaryTara from the Bon Bon Gazette: Give Me Liberty..... or how about walking toads & liquid nitrogen.
- Val from Mom Knows It All: Family day at the Liberty Science Center
- Jen from the Kamienski Chronicles: Science Done Right LSC Style
- Jessica from This Moms Rocks It: Liberty Science Center or what we learned last Saturday
- Sarah from Genesis Moments: Enjoying The Liberty Science Center in Jersey City
- Kate from KateSpot: Another Fun Family Day
- Amy from Selfish Mom: Fly Me To The Liberty Science Center
- Liz from This Full House Reviews: Spotlight on New Jersey: Liberty Science Center - Go and Get Your Geek On!
- Carol from The Adventures of an NYC Mama: Liberty Science Center, Jersey City, NJ
- Melissa from Fits & Giggles: Our Afternoon at the Liberty Science Center
- Vanessa from Chefdruck Musings: Walking on the Clouds
- Fiona Charles from NJ.com: A fun trip to the Liberty Science Center
- Eden from New York City Moms Blog: Please Touch The Animals