How to Get a Firm Flat Tummy Like Hillary Swank - Page 2
1) Position the ball under the lower part of your back. You’ll want to lie on the ball to make sure it is positioned correctly.
2) Cross your arms over your chest when doing this exercise for the first time. Later you may prefer to put your hands behind your head, but be careful not to pull on the neck. Until you are familiar with working out on the ball, use the crossed arm method.
3) Pull in your stomach muscles as described above. Drawn in at the belly button gradually pulling it in towards your spine. This is how you engage your core muscles.
4) Raise your upper body forward by bending at the waist, and curling your spine as you as you reach your elbows towards your legs, all the while staying balanced on the ball. The ball should remain stable and not wobble or roll while you are exercising.
5) Lower your body down on the ball, all the while engaging the core muscles. This is an excellent exercise, designed to flatten the tummy and strengthen the back.