Instant New iPad Features in iOS 6 How-To - Page 2
Some tips when doing the recipes in this book:
- If you've just downloaded Keynote, Numbers, Pages, and GarageBand and are opening them for the first time, you will be taken through introductory screens where you can create new documents. In GarageBand, the swipeable menu of instruments appears first, enabling you to choose an instrument and create a song from it.
- Please note that changes have been made in the following apps since this book came out last month; which I hope Renee Valdez will update if she gets a chance:
- To make transitions in Keynote, tap each slide once, and a bar with the words "Cut, Copy, Delete, Skip, and Transition" will appear. Tap Transition, and a window titled Transitions will appear. Then tap each slide, and a bar saying None with a plus sign next to it will appear. Tap the plus sign to choose a transition. Then tap the blue Done button in the upper right-hand corner of your iPad's screen once you've chosen the transition you want for each of your slides.
- In iBooks 3.0.2, the bottom bar has changed. Instead of Featured, NYTimes, Top Charts, Categories, Browse, and Purchased buttons; now this bar contains Books, NYTimes, Top Charts, Top Authors, and Purchased buttons. When learning to use iBooks, you can now just tap the Top Authors and Top Charts buttons.
- In GarageBand, you can no longer upload your song to iCloud. Instead, if you tap the share icon when your songs are shaking in Edit mode, you have options to share your song to Facebook, Youtube, Soundcloud, or iMovie, via iTunes and Mail, or as a ringtone.