What to Do When Someone Steals Your Photos to Use in His Orkut Album
Stealing photos from someone’s Orkut album and using them in own albums is not something new to Orkut users. Many Orkut users has found Orkut accounts using their photos without their permission. Most of the time strangers do this type of things but if you have already locked your album to strangers, it must be one of your Orkut friend’s act. Downloading Orkut album photos and creating a new profile with those images is a matter of 10 minutes or so.If you are a victim of this, you should be knowing that it’s your responsibility to take care of your pictures. Anyways, let’s know what we can do when we find someone on orkut using your photos in his albums.
To protect Orkut user’s privacy, Orkut introduced album lock feature but there were scripts to bypass Orkut album lock and view locked photo albums. Later Orkut disabled right clicking on album pictures, however you can still save Orkut album pictures. So, it’s pretty easy for someone to download your photos on to his computer and make a new profile using them.
If you are facing this problem, the first step you can take is to lock your photo albums and scrapbook.
- Login to your Orkut profile.
- Navigate to Settings >> Privacy >> Allow content to be accessed by >> change the settings so that only your friends can access your album and scrapbook.
- Click on Save Changes to save the changes you have made.
- You are done.
Orkut takes it user’s privacy issues very seriously. If you find someone using your photos, follow the below steps to take appropriate actions against that profile.
- Navigate to his Orkut profile
- On the left hand sidebar, you can find a link Report Abuse, click on it
- You will get a pop up with few options. Check third option identity / personal information
- Now check the first option pretends to be me from the right hand side menu.
- Click on Report to forward the complaint to Orkut for further investigation
- You are done.