iPad 2 Officially Announced—Breakdown and Analysis of Apple's Special Event - Page 2
The Rest is in the Details
With the big three (processor, video cameras, thin/light) out of the way, the rest of the announcements included the following:
- Availability on both AT&T and Verizon—this should give Verizon another boost with a 3G iPad available.
- Available in white—consumers who have been clamoring for another color finally get their wish.
- Same battery life (10 hours)—again, this is one of the best features of the iPad as a powerful tablet.
- Same Prices - starting at $499, the iPad 2 is still expensive, but competitively priced for the market.
- Ship date: March 11—no need to wait over a month, this new iPad will be on your doorstep in no time.
- HDMI—out: 1080p and mirrored output—connect your iPad to the TV with stability.
- Smart Covers—real money can be made in accessories, and Apple's no dummy. How do you make a case/cover interesting? Attach magnets and call it a smart cover. $39 for polyurethane, $69 for leather.
- iOS 4.3—improved Safari, iTunes home sharing, AirPlay improvements (including websites), mute switch preference (this was a big deal judging from the comments in one of my earlier posts), personal hotspot for iPhone 4 only, Photo Booth, FaceTime, and iMovie.