iOS Devices Syncing Confusion For First Qwners
When I first got my iPad which was my first Apple device, I got so confused with the iTunes sync. It removed all my apps on the phone once and sometimes apps that I've deleted appear again magically! If you are as frustrated as I was, here are a few basic facts that you might want to know about syncing your iOS devices with your computer.
- On the first sync, all contents in your iOS device will be copied to your computer
- Any updates on your current apps will automatically be synced to the outdated ones. So if you update an app on your iOS device via the App store, the next sync will update the outdated app in your computer (and vice-versa).
- If you install a new app on your iOS device via the App Store, the next sync will add that new app into your computer (and vice-versa).
- If you remove an app in your computer (through iTunes), the next sync will make iTunes tell you that there are purchases on your iOS device that need to be copied to your computer. Clicking on yes will make iTunes re-copy the app from your iOS device to the computer!
- If you remove an app on your iOS device, syncing will de-reference that app from iTunes so you will not get the app back on your iOS device. However, the app is still in the computer so you can "tick" the box on the Apps section to copy it back to your iOS device.
Syncing is sweet but can be confusing for first timers. Hope these simple and basic tips help!