Blog Focus on Paul Allen, Flash Player, and Thefts
Blog Focus is Technorati's daily roundup of the top stories as told by the bloggers of the world. Each day a handful of posts, no matter how popular or nascent, will be selected by editors to portray a general unscientific reaction to discussion points around the 'Net.
The blogs are feeling a little unfocused this morning, perhaps because they were up all night waiting for their "Left 4 Dead 2" or "Tony Hawk: Ride" copies to be released.
So if you see any zombies in your office this morning, assume they were merely killing zombies all night and speak slowly to them. Unless they ask for your brains, of course; then they're corporate zombies.
• Mashable! — Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. He successfully fought back Hodgkin lymphoma in the early 80s.
• liliputing — Adobe has released a beta for AIR 2 and Flash Player 10.1. Brad finds the GPU acceleration in FP 10.1 really helps netbooks, which have always struggled with Flash Player.
• AppleInsider — Sam Oliver reports 3,000 iPhones were stolen in Belgium. The thieves also tried to steal a Motorola DROID, but the device gave them the evil eye and scared the criminals away.
• Boy Genius Report — And that evil eye is possibly able to focus now that a reported problem with autofocus on the DROID camera has possibly been patched quietly.
• Slashdot —The Pirate Bay shut down its tracker but keeps sharing the files that make the world unproductive. (If you don't believe it, check out what that zombie's watching in the cube next to you.)