Stefania Pomponi Butler from CityMama Video Interview: SOTB 2010
Stefania Pomponi Butler is a long-time blogger and blog editor/producer as well as a principal and co-founder of Clever Girls Collective, Inc. Her past and present clients include Disney, Wondertime (a Disney property), ParentsConnect, Babble.com, The Savvy Source, Edelman PR, Yummie Tummie, Ubisoft, DeVries PR, and Uptake.com where she serves on their marketing advisory board.
In addition to founding the popular and successful cooking, parenting, and design blog CityMama™ in 2003, Stefania is one of the Founding Editors of Kimchi Mamas™ and the MOMocrats™ which secured an interview with Barack Obama and a post from Michelle Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign.
We felt that it was important to speak to an industry expert who has strategically worked with connecting brands and women of color. Immediately, we thought of Stefania.
Here is what we covered:
- Progression of blogs and technologies.
- Importance of Twitter and Facebook for instant connection and breaking news.
- Asking the question: do companies even want to be "social"?
- Companies targeting "women of color" in social media campaigns.
- Community and writing on collaborative blogs.
- How to handle "blog trolls" and negative comments: thoughtful and respectful disagreements.
- Food Blogging.
- Monetizing content: Have realistic expectations.
- Blogging as a gateway for other opportunities.
- Defining reach and influence.