Ciaran Blumenfeld of Momfluential Media Video Interview: SOTB 2010
Ciaran Blumenfeld, aka “Momfluential” is the founder of Momfluential Media. Ciaran is one of the most well respected (and dare we say, INFLUENTIAL) female bloggers working directly with brands that target women.
We wanted to speak to Ciaran about how brands are strategically marketing to women bloggers, and how social media outreach has changed in 2010. Here is what we covered in our conversation:
- Bloggers working with brands.
- Brands flocking to blogs.
- Importance that bloggers are PART OF THE STORY TELLING, when working with brands. Brands are now sponsoring content, rather than paying for reviews.
- Starting point: Where do brands begin when they want to reach out to bloggers?
- Cautioning brands: have comprehensive strategy before leaping on to Twitter and Facebook.
- No standard when it comes to compensating bloggers for their time and reviews. More brands are paying for sponsored content.
- Companies are beginning to approach and work with bloggers. Many companies are still nervous about how to reach out to bloggers.
- Reality: few bloggers earn enough income on JUST their blog.
- Blogs are an excellent way to promote your business.
- Defining reach: twitter, facebook, blog stats, comments on personal site, what they are doing in their real lives, et).
- Video blogging (vblogging): Vbloggers will be "in front of the line" when working with traditional media.
- Importance of networking and building community. Women love to connect.
- 2011 Blogging Trends.
- Mom bloggers wear many career-hats: participate in focus groups, creative, media, spokespeople, advisory roles, etc.