Charlene Li of Altimeter Group Video Interview: SOTB 2010
Without a doubt, Charlene Li is one of the most influential and well respected women in technology. She is one of the foremost experts on social media and technologies and a consultant and independent thought leader on leadership, strategy, social technologies, interactive media and marketing. Charlene is the founder of the Altimeter Group, the author of the New York Times bestseller, Open Leadership, coauthor of the critically acclaimed, bestselling book Groundswell, which was named one of the best business books in 2008.
We spoke to Charlene for 2010 State of The Blogosphere, and covered:
- Importance of brands creating social media strategies.
- ROI: Cost of implementing social media outreach and creative ways brands reach their target audience.
- Creating relationships through social technologies.
- Outsourcing social media to agencies.
- Brands and bloggers working together.
- Brands embracing social media outreach.
- Brands focused on reaching influential women bloggers.
- Brands that are "doing it right" when reaching out to women.
- Social media outreach through Twitter and Facebook.
- SEO: Creating a search strategy and gaining readership from Google and Bing.
- Joining community and networking with fellow bloggers.
- Creating top quality content.
- Prediction: social technology trends in 2011.
- Perception of journalists and bloggers.
- Generating income from blogging.
- Leveraging blogging for other opportunities.