Blog Focus: WordPress for iPhone 2 Release
It wasn't too many moons ago that people were starting to take part in this oddball activity called blogging. Fast forward some moons, and people started… blogigng on their phones even! And now, in this current lunar phase of modernity, we have WordPress releasing a new version of its popular blogging software for the iPhone.
Lunar blogging has to be next, right? What, it's just me thinking it?
And the bloggers rejoiced… except of course for those that didn't:
• WordPress for iPhone blog: Our efforts were focused on creating a better user experience — the beginnings of a user interface overhaul that we’ll continue with the next version, and eliminating the bugs and incompatibilities with some self-hosted WordPress setups that was the source of the majority of the support requests we see in the forum.
New features include "a new, more efficient user interface that makes it faster to switch between comments, posts, and pages" and "added persistence, so the app re-opens in the blog you last used."
• ReadWriteWeb: There can be little doubt that the iPhone - or any mobile phone for that matter - isn't the ideal platform for writing long, thoughtful blog posts. Maybe that's why Wordpress for iPhone 2 puts more emphasis on comment moderation than the first version.
• 9to5Mac: With at least 202 million websites worldwide powered by the blog publishing application, interest should be high in the newly-released Wordpress 2 App for iPhone and iPod touch.
• Technology Quesions: WordPress for iPhone 2 became available from the app store and all young antisocial wanna-be script kiddies can now blog about their adventures while sitting in the park, instead of their dark rooms.
• MobileContentToday: I hope this release deals with a problem I've had for over a year now. The original WordPress for iPhone worked fine with my personal blog. However, it stopped working after I updated to version 1.2. Here's hoping it works with this 2.0 release.