5 Tips for Running a Successful Blog
Here are five steps to insure that your blog is successful:
1) Develop quality content - Well, here's a point we haven't heard before. As cliché as it sounds, quality content is the foundation of a successful blog. Without quality content, the hard work that you put into marketing your blog will go to waste. It would be pointless to implement the following strategies without quality content.
2) Maximize social media potential - Implement strategies through social media tools like Facebook and Twitter to get your brand out there. You can start by marketing your blog through these sites and posting updates to your followers when you post new articles to your blog.
3) Reach out to authors with authority - Communicate with like-minded authors who have a large following. These authors can help by providing leverage for you and gain attention to your blog. Do not spam them, but let them know who you are and complement them on the work that they're doing in their area of expertise.
It's important that you don't come across as though you have an agenda, but that you are there for purposes of socializing, especially at first. From time to time you may want to go back and communicate through different mediums, which leads me to my next point.
4) Comment on other's posts - One of the best ways to get your name in front of major authors in your niche, and possibly get high quality back-links to your site, is reading and commenting on blog posts.
The key to doing this is providing quality feedback. By doing this, you gain the attention of the author, which in turn will draw attention to your site. When you get accomplished authors viewing your site, and they see quality content that they like, they will link to your site which gives you major points in search engine ranking.
5) Participate in forums - Do a Google search on forums closely related to the topic of your blog and actively participate them. When you have helpful and quality feedback on a topic in the forum that is beneficial to the topic author, naturally, the author and a number of other readers and commentators, will want to find more helpful information that you have to provide.