Travel Agencies Preview the Oceania Marina
Oceania Cruise executives, including founder and chairman, Frank Del Rio, scheduled eight road show events to introduce travel agents to its upcoming new ship, the Oceania Marina set to launch in January 2011.
Over 200 agents attended the event held on March 12th, at the W in Ft. Lauderdale. After a champagne reception and lunch, Oceania gave a multimedia presentation and spoke to agents in length about the Marina. The $250 million ship is being built without any short cuts.
As most know, Carnival has branded themselves as offering travlers "Fun ships" and having Coke as the refreshment of choice. However, Oceania is going to focus on quality comfort, exceptional service and exquisite taste.
Oceania want their passengers to feel as if they were in a luxury estate home. There are high-end touches throughout the ship, including Ralph Lauren furniture and a staircase built by Lalique. There are 23 Super Suites with $1.6 million worth of technology — an average of over $69,500 per suite.
As for food and wine, in addition to their Grand Dining Room, there will be six other venues onboard the Marina that are included with the price:
- Polo Grill (Steak House): Up to 32 ounce (28-Day Dry Aged) beef with Maine Lobster
- Toscana: Family Recipes provided by the crew are the focal point — 25 Olive Oils to choose from & 10 Balsamic Vinegars.
- Terrace Café: Relaxed Atmosphere for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Jacques’: Casual & Relaxed French Bistro, which is Jacques Pepin’s first restaurant (at Sea) and features Hardwood floors and hanging copper pots
- Red Ginger: Vietnamese and Thai food
- Preve: The most opulent of all the restaurants, which features only 10 guests per evening
Also new to Oceania for the Marina are:
- La Reserve: Wine Tasting Venue providing all guests with their seven course wine pairing dinner
- Bon Appetite Culinary Center: Imagine, 24 work-stations, each with its own oven, stove, chopping and slicing area; while being able to accompany the chef on shore to shop for your ingredients, which you will have to prepare, cook, and serve
- Canyon Ranch Spa
The Marina is the first ship built for “Lovers of Cuisine,” and is meant to provide an elegant, warm, cozy, and luxury residential feel.