Trophy Hunting - How American Hunters Are Destroying Our Wildlife - Page 2
Look at the consequences of mindlessly promoting this awful industry.
1. Wild lions will continue to be poached and captured from game reserves and neighbouring countries to supply fresh blood for the lion breeders, in order to combat captivity depression.
2. The unnatural confinement of predators has the potential to breed pathogens such as feline AIDS which can devastate both captive and wild populations.
3. The barbaric cruelty will increasingly drive away ethical tourism (our share of world tourism is still a miserable less than half of one per cent!) We get emails every day from outraged tourists who refuse to visit South africa.
4. And now the captive lion breeders are moving in to selling lion bones for the infamous Chinese traditional medicine market, which has already emptied the forests of Asia of their tiger populations.
5. In short, thanks to the lack of foresight and intelligence in SA conservation structures, and to the obscene wealth of foreign hunting clubs like Safari Club International, in Reno, Nevada, predators are becoming domesticated livestock – but un-protected by animal cruelty legislation. Imagine the outcry if farmers bred sheep and goats for hunters to shoot arrows in to?
Our wildlife desperately needs protection from conservationists who lack the intellect to understand that hunting is environmental terrorism, and should be banned. What this Supreme Court decision reveals is that the flow of hunting dollars and Euros has promoted captive lion breeding so much that it has now moved out of conservation, and in to agriculture. Lions have become alternative livestock. American trophy hunters and useless South African conservationists have allowed the ‘wild’ to be taken out of our wildlife.