2010 Michigan Auto Show Preview
With a lot of eyes on the auto industry these days, some will turn to the 2010 Michigan International Auto Show to see what new innovations are unleashed, and how and if the Toyota recalls have impacted the industry.
There are expected to be awesome displays presented at the show, which is sponsored by the Grand Rapids New Car Dealers Association and will be held this year at DeVos Place.
Some of the expected highlights at the 12th annual show will include:
- Over 300 brands and a collection of majestic vehicles from the Gilmore Car Museum, which is set to showcase an impressive collection of hood ornaments (mascots).
- The Michigan Secretary of State's office will present 100 years a century of license plates from Michigan.
- A look into the future through pre-production factory concept cars.
- A student production film promoting the Gilmore Car Museum and "Michigan Works!", which will stream throughout the show.
- The green "smart fortwo" will be displayed at DeVos Place, which will be available for test drives. The smart fortwo is built by Mercedes Benz. This nine foot car is the smallest car sold in the U.S. and is green certified by the EPA due to its low emission/pollutant score. The smart fortwo is almost 100 percent recyclable. The car is not a hybrid although it achieves 41 m.p.g on the highway, reaching a top speed of 90 m.p.h. Almost 40,000 smart fortwos are registered in the U.S.