Immortal Kombat - Page 2
Here's an example of how pivotal the Theseus Fog of War speech was:
Soldier: "Who are you to tell us what to do!!?"
Theseus: "I am no one to tell you what to do, I am Theseus"
Now that, is leadership.
- In nearly every meeting hosted by King Hyperion, he arbitrarily killed one of his henchman for being the bearer of good news, bad news, or just news. He doesn't like news.
- Too many cuts to the Barbeque Bull. Ok, we get it, being inside of that thing sucks.
- The Eagle in the movie wasn't a symbol, it wasn't paying homage to Falconry, the screeching Eagle shot was just there.. the entire film. Subliminal American Eagle product placement?
- The preferred attack of choice was to the throat or to the inner-thigh. It was odd. Observe how many people fell prey to a well-executed throat or inner-thigh attack... In Immortals, a well-placed lower-inner-thigh attack was like a Halo head-shot. "Lost, the lead. Gained, the lead"
- There was an extravagant display of God-on-God violence, when Zeus slayed the disobedient Ares with an Inferno Whip. This made Theseus a believer. Sorry, zealots. He saw actual Gods, & they yelled at him. I'd be convinced too.
- Athena played Mystique, from X-Men, in her first scene with Zeus. Be yourself, Athena.
- To appease a mortal movie audience, they employed Spartacus: Blood and Sand-esque slow-motion fight scenes to simulate how fast Gods are, and how slow we are.
- The film makers poked fun of Greece being the supposed origin of civilization, democracy, & their obsession with diplomacy with this scene:
Greek King: "Let us negotiate"
Hyperion: *Head Chop*
Greek King: "..............................."
I strongly urge that you watch Immortals. If not for the comedic fodder, then to nourish your primitive affinity for combat. Or, in this case, Immortal Kombat.