Finally, a Survey that Defines the Best Time to Contact Leads
Companies tend to have a lot of questions around what’s truly the best approach to contact and qualify leads; specifically when it comes to time of day, day of the week, and follow-up timeframe. Well, we no longer need to rely on our instincts to determine these factors for optimal response and conversions for our businesses.
A new MIT/Insidesales.com study provides information that supports the best days of the week and times of the day to contact and qualify leads, as well as the impact of delayed vs. immediate response time. The study covers 3 years of data from 6 different companies to answer the question, “When should companies call web-generated leads for optimal contact and qualification ratios?”
The study, provided by Leadresponsemanagement.org, considered the following 4 data points in the life cycle of a lead:
· Lead Created Time – The date and time that a web-form was filled out and submitted by a lead.
· First Dial Attempt Time – The First date and time that a sales or lead qualification representative attempts to call or dial a web lead.
· First Contact Time – The first date and time that a sales or lead qualification representative makes a successful contact.
· First Qualification Time – The date and time that a lead becomes qualified.
The behavioral study captured leads from a web form that were called, or attempted to call, at least once.
The summary of results as outlined by the study was as follows:
InsideSales.com/MIT Study Summary Report
1. Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best days to call in order to contact (by 49.7% over the worst day) and qualify (by 24.9% over the worst day) leads. Thursday is the best day to contact a lead in order to qualify that lead (by 19.1% better than the worst day).
2. 4 to 6pm is the best time to call to make contact with a lead (by 114% over the worst time block). 8-9am and 4-5pm are the best times to call to qualify a lead (by 164% better 1-2pm, the worst time of the day). 4-5pm is the best time to contact a lead to qualify over 11-12am by 109%).Continued on the next page