Twitter Job Search Tips: Part One
In today’s job market you need an edge. You need to place every powerful job search tool in your arsenal. The emergence of social media has altered the job search landscape. Likewise, over the next couple of weeks I will discuss how to use Twitter and Facebook during your job search. For this article, I will discuss how to uncover job leads, locate companies of interest, and establish a company list.
1. Go to www.twitterjobsearch.com, log in to Twitter, and select the Allow Access button (if you are prompted to).
2. Create your TwitterJobSearch profile by listing your contact information, your competencies, and links to your LinkedIn profile and online resume. To acquire your LinkedIn URL, sign in to LinkedIn and click on “View My Profile.” It will be located above the Summary.
3. To uncover job leads, select the Browse button in the upper right of the screen, and in the search field, type your job function. I typed “corporate strategy” and received over 3500 search results. From TwitterJobSearch’s home page, you can also utilize the categories and subcategories located under Browse Jobs.
4. Narrow your search results using the filters on the right of your screen which include: Date, Country, Salary, and a few more. I selected “United States” under the Country filter and then selected “Dallas” under the City filter.
5. Once you are satisfied with your search results, click on the Subscribe button (on the right of your screen) to have future job leads automatically sent to your RSS reader.
6. While you are viewing the search results, follow individuals of interest who tweeted jobs (by clicking on their twitter name and afterwards the follow button) for networking purposes.
7. To follow companies of interest that are posting jobs and recruiting on Twitter, click on the two links below:Continued on the next page