The history of content marketing [Infographic]
The content marketing world of today has evolved from lessons from the Internet bubble and advances in technology. Whether you call it "inbound" or "content" marketing, the focus on consumable, effective, often times, useful, content has become contagious.
Social Media Today offers some incredible content marketing statistics:
What Marketing Experts Predict for 2014WebDAM, a leading digital asset management platform for marketers, put together data from industry experts into the infographic below to display marketing trends to expect in 2014. Check out some very interesting marketing statistics that may have you re-examining your 2014 marketing strategy below, including:
- 43% of all marketers found a customer via LinkedIn and 52% of all marketers have found a customer via Facebook.
- Landing pages that included videos see an 86% increase in conversions.
- Companies expect to double their social marketing budgets over the next 5 years.
- Emails that include social sharing buttons have a click-trough-rate 158% higher than emails that do not include social sharing buttons.
- Customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating for all types of content marketing, with a rating of 89%.
And, of course, we extensively cover content marketing strategy, expert interviews and best practices.
But the evolution of content marketing can be best understood with this fantastic illustration from the folks at Curata.