24/7 Wall St. Morning Market Roundup
Every morning, 24/7 Wall St. editors cover the news, identifying important events and market-moving stories.
The following are the highlights for our Media Digest 07/20/2010 Reuters, New York Times, and Bloomberg:
- WSJ: Nokia (NYSE: NOK) will begin the search for a new CEO.
- Reuters: BP plc (NYSE: BP) will continue its work on the leaking well and said seepage had nothing to do with its efforts.
- Reuters: China approved Google’s (NASDAQ: GOOG) search engine tweaks.
- Reuters: A deal between Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC) and the FTC over antitrust issues will carry no fines.
- Reuters: Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) expanded iPad sales to nine more countries.
- Reuters: Nokia Siemens bought Motorola’s (NYSE: MOT) telecom equipment operation for $1.2 billion.
- WSJ: Toyota Motor (NYSE: TM) was subpoenaed by a grand jury over steering problems.
- The New York Times: I.B.M. (NYSE: IBM) Moves to Concentrate Power at Top.
- WSJ: China topped the US in energy use last year.
- WSJ: One of the FDA panelists that supported GlaxoSmithKline’s (NYSE: GSK) Avandia gets fees from the company.
- FT: Intel reached an antitrust deal with FTC.
- FT: The Fed is considering looser money policy
- BHP Billiton Ltd. (NYSE: BHP) Raised to Overweight at Barclays; Cut to Neutral at Credit Suisse.
- Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE: XOM) Maintained Outperform but target cut to $78 at RBC.
- Halliburton Company (NYSE: HAL) Maintained Outperform but target cut to $35 at RBC.
- Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE: ICE) Raised to Outperform at BMO.
- J. Crew Group, Inc. (NYSE: JCG) Raised to Outperform at Cowen & Co.
- PNC Financial Services Group Inc. (NYSE: PNC) Started as Outperform at BMO.
- ProLogis (NYSE: PLD) Raised to Outperform at RBC.
- Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc. (NASDAQ: SCHN) Started as Buy at UBS.
- Sherwin-Williams Co. (NYSE: SHW) Cut to Neutral at BofA/Merrill Lynch.
- Sybase, Inc. (NYSE: SY) Cut to Hold at Benchmark.
- Texas Instruments Inc. (NYSE: TXN) Cut to Hold at S&P Equity Research.
- Vodafone Group plc (NYSE: VOD) Cut to Hold at ING.
Among the most tweeted stocks on StockTwits are Arena Pharmacueticals (NASDAQ: ARNA), BP plc (NYSE: BP), IBM (NYSE: IBM), EURUSD, Bank of American Corporation (NYSE: BAC), Google (NASDAQ: GOOG), and SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE: GLD).